Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Active, Responsible Citizens are Well-informed and Apply Knowledge and Skills to Improve the Quality of their Lives and Communities

                For CBL I had the opportunity to go to Hillcrest Country Estates and volunteer my time.  I would decorate cottages 90 and 80 for the different holidays as they passed as well as baked various desserts for the elders who reside at Hillcrest.  Perhaps the most rewarding experience is when I get to spend time with the residents themselves.  I would play board games and just talk with the elders when I wasn’t completing other tasks.  These experiences show that I am an active, responsible citizen that is well-informed and applies knowledge and skills to improve the quality of their lives and communities.  The positive interactions with the elders were well worth spending my time on.   Hillcrest was a fantastic experience and I will value my time spent there for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment