Thursday, March 6, 2014

Individual Leaders Have a Strong Sense of Vision, Have Passion and are Able to Inspire Commitment.

                On my second rotation up on MedSurg, I learned the ropes and was able to be independent of a nurse for everything within my scope of practice.  One day I was doing rounds and I was asked to do several tasks at once.  I was asked to take one patient back to her bed, put one patient on the bed pan and take two sets of vitals on two separate patients one of which was under contact precautions.  Now I knew what I was doing but I was getting overwhelmed.  Thankfully, numerous physical therapy patients cancelled due to snow so Eli and Jessie returned to MedSurg.  I immediately enlisted their help and they did what I asked without question.  This shows that I am an individual leader who has a strong sense of vision, have passion and who is able to inspire commitment.  I used my communication skills to motivate my fellow students into action.  I was able to take the course of action that was necessary to ensure that the necessary tasks were completed.  I even managed to instill confidence and enthusiasm into the hectic circus that the floor had become that day.  This demonstrates my ability to be an individual leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment