Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Critical Thinkers and Problem Solvers Assess the Situation, Gather Important Information and Develop Relevant, Effective Alternatives to Reach a Solution or Decision

                During our Challenge Based Learning (CBL) time first semester I went to Heartland Family Services with a few other students from the academy.  Our job as volunteers was to sort clothing and other household items into piles of stuff to keep and move on to a few other places.  If stuff was in the keep pile, we would put the supplies out on the floor.  However, due to a lack of room and tubs to put clothes in, I often had to make room and find new locations for excesses of clothes that came in as donations.  This fits the 21st Century Skill of Success of Critical thinkers and problem solvers assess the situation, gather important information and develop relevant, effective alternatives to reach a solution or decision. I had to take the information around me and create new methods of storage for areas like men’s clothing.  I spent an hour redesigning the section to better fit the needs of Heartland Family Services.  This example shows that I am a critical thinker who can use the situations around me and put it into an action that is relevant and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment