Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Self-directed Learners Take the Initiative to Actively and Independently Inquire and Apply Learning to New and Different Situations

                This semester in AP Lit & Comp with Mrs. Swanigan, we read seven short stories for class.  At the end of the Short Story Unit, we received an assignment to do a research paper.  In order to do find enough information to do a good research paper, I had to demonstrate that I am a self-directed learner that takes the initiative to actively and independently inquire and apply learning to new and different situations.  I wanted to learn more about my topic strangulation and hanging otherwise I would not have picked it.  I have developed [good] habits that will enable me to learn independently and seek what I want and need to know at any point in my life.  This skill will continue to be useful as I approach college and any research papers in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment